Friday, July 22, 2016

Dog Days of Summer...Still Need to Workout!

It is smoldering here in the South. Heat index has been 103-106 with high humidity. That alone will make you tired! Having the energy to workout is sometimes non-existent. I am an October kinda gal. I am ready for fall y'all!

I have a daily goal of getting in 10,000 steps, which is approximately 5 miles. I have a desk job so I spend my day setting at a computer but I move as much as possible.

I usually do at least one mile in the morning when I get up or a 15-20 minute quick workout to get going. Then I walk around on my two 15 minute breaks I get during my work day. Sometimes I will walk around at lunch as well. When I get home I try to do up to 2 miles or a 30 minute workout depending on where I am at with my steps and what I need to get done with my family. There are days that I do nothing...or next to nothing. LOL

An easy way to get physical activity in is walking at home. You get moving and stay inside in the nice cool air! I have been walking with Leslie Sansone off and on for several years. I have a handful of her DVDs. More recently I found her on youtube.com. I also like Jessica Smith TV for walking at home. Both these ladies do a great job of keeping you motivated during your workout. I do go to the park with my kiddos LATE in the evening and walk around while they play. I can usually only tolerate 30 minutes at a time. Did I mention I like Octobers?

My favorite workout videos are from FitnessBlender! I discovered them 2 years ago. I've got to try new workouts with them like barre and tabata /HIIT. They have over 500 videos. Fo' freeee! They are very knowledgeable and teach you proper form as you go through the workout. I highly recommend these two. Plus I am super thrifty and they help me stay within my fitness budget. :)

Although I have not been putting in heavy workouts the last month or so due to the ridiculous heat I am continuing to move and stay on track as much as possible. My weigh in this morning was 194.4 lbs. I am super excited about that! I have had a handful of off days...that's a given though. The struggle is real! Being healthy in an unhealthy world is hard work!



I have officially been blogging for one month (and a few days) and I have lost 7.6 lbs! My total weight loss so far is 42.4 lbs. Remember, fall down seven times, stand up eight! Keep going and you'll get there!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment